Music in the Key of Oscar

 

The Oscar Peterson Trio - Night Train [V6-8538 USA 2023 24-Bit 176.4kHz FLAC]

Re-published with a new link

Recorded in Los Angeles California in December 1962 and originally released in 1963 on the Verve label.

You may have already guessed that I occasionally hang around the jazz section in record stores, seeking out what could well be the best sounding new pressings of jazz classics. When that silver hype sticker states Verve Acoustic Sounds Series mastered by Ryan K. Smith and pressed at Quality Record Pressings, I know a record will sound great.

There are just three musicians performing on this album, but it fills the room - Ray Brown on double bass to the left, Ed Thigpen (great name) on drums to the right, and possibly Canada's greatest musician Oscar Peterson, on piano, centre stage - the great Norman Granz dealt with production.

This record sounds fantastic.

A1 Night Train
A2 C Jam Blues
A3 Georgia On My Mind
A4 Bags' Groove
A5 Moten Swing
A6 Easy Does It
B1 Honey Dripper
B2 Things Ain't What They Used To Be
B3 I Got It Bad And That Ain't Good
B4 Band Call
B5 Hymn To Freedom

Comments

  1. https://mega.nz/file/qQpmlQjQ#MZ0bHXkb1gVgrRnQDXXmCe563y0q_uaXHT8Diqij90M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet. I was lucky enough to see Ray Brown play with a trio a couple of times in the late 90's. He played with such joy! A true classic and cool dude. Always love the Jazz Sundays, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! Always look forward to Jazz Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks a lot for this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what happened to the link?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure....it just vanished. I'll put another one up tonight or tomorrow

      Delete
    2. Quite bizarrely, Blogger moved my own comment with the link into spam some 18 hours after I published it to the blog.

      Delete
  6. New link:

    https://mega.nz/file/Wd4wwSLA#MZ0bHXkb1gVgrRnQDXXmCe563y0q_uaXHT8Diqij90M

    ReplyDelete
  7. love your Sunday Jazz section!
    of course it is a Masterpiece on every single day of the week.
    thanks a lot, Blogmeister 👍🔊🎶

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment