Whatever Next?
The Who - Who's Next [2408 102 UK 1974 24-Bit 176.4kHz FLAC]
Originally released on Track Records in 1974.
I last ripped this album back in 2018 for the ESWA 2.0 forum with a far inferior cartridge. I also misidentified it back then as a 1971 pressing, this is actually a 1974 repress A4/B4 cut by Denis Blackham aka BilBo.
As a The Jam fan back in my youth, I never felt pressured into becoming a fan of The Who. Many of my peers were, however I just saw them as hairy rockers with bad fashion sense - especially when compared to the smartly dressed Woking trio. Yeah, I was naive back then and it took me a while to understand the importance of Peter Townshend's contribution to British music.
Who's Next is by far my favourite Who album, and for years I coped with a cheaply pressed, limp sounding & badly mastered 1983 mid-price pressing (SPELP 49). Here is my bargain bin sourced rip of the significantly superior BilBo cut, complete with its fat bottom end.
A1 Baba O' Riley
A2 Bargain
A3 Love Ain't For Keeping
A4 My Wife
A5 Song Is Over
B1 Getting In Tune
B2 Going Mobile
B3 Behind Blue Eyes
B4 Won't Get Fooled Again

This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteMany thanks, also my fave Who LP, much appreciated!
ReplyDeletevery nice blogmeister many thanks.
ReplyDeleteThe Who at their very best ....... thankyou.
ReplyDeleteFor me it will always be Live At Leeds, which blew my 15 year-old mind the summer it came out, although I had been a fan since the first time I heard My Generation at ten! Happy to add your rip of this to my existing collection of editions of this record, which is also a great one. Many thanks - Nick in Liverpool
ReplyDeleteApropos of this, I just saw the 4K restoration of Tommy at the British Film Festival in Sydney. It's still bonkers after all these years...
ReplyDeleteThank you!
ReplyDelete