Seems Like A Good Idea
Sugar - Copper Blue [CRELP 129 UK 1992 24-Bit 176.4kHz FLAC]
I am not going to waffle on too much about an album which we should all own, however any record featuring the three track sequence of A Good Idea > Changes > Helpless needs to be honoured & re-appreciated on a regular basis. I've been thinking about an upgrade to my May 2019 rip of Copper Blue for a while now, yesterday I gave it a good clean and set to work.
Ripped from my original 1992 Creation Records UK pressing, cut expertly by the great Porky but pressed on lower quality nineties vinyl, this is a loud record - last time, I perhaps ripped it too loud - this time I've left some space for end-user volume adjustment as my cartridge handled the full range of frequencies rather well.
Copper Blue is my favourite album from the American early nineties alternative rock genre,, however something which bugged me for the last thirty years is how close If I Can't Change Your Mind sounds to a certain US TV sit-com theme.
Play louder.
A1 The Act We Act
A2 A Good Idea
A3 Changes
A4 Helpless
A5 Hoover Dam
B1 The Slim
B2 If I Can't Change Your Mind
B3 Fortune Teller
B4 Slick
B5 Man On The Moon


This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteAmazing, you've done it again !!! truly grateful
ReplyDeleteThank you.
ReplyDeleteah this one takes me back. where does the time go? much thanks to you
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for this. As much as I love Husker Du, I probably reach for this more often. At the time the nineties production bugged me a bit, but now I don't mind it all. Bob Mould never surpassed this.
ReplyDeleteAny record featuring the four track sequence of A Good Idea > Changes > Helpless > Hoover Dam needs to be honoured & re-appreciated on a regular basis.
ReplyDeleteI hung out with Lou Giordano shortly after this was finished, he said it was the best thing he'd ever done. Best side one of all time IMHO
ReplyDeleteMany thanks for sharing this album, which I never tire of. Caught Sugar on this tour and it remains among the loudest concerts I've attended, with 'Beaster' played in full as an encore (my UK pressing of that EP is one I'll never part with). Going to see Bob solo electric in a few weeks time. Always worth the effort.
ReplyDeleteMany thanks for this, Blogmeister.
ReplyDeleteAnother beauty share mate
ReplyDeleteCheers