Pow-Wow-Wow

 

Stephen Mallinder - Pow-Wow [FM2010 UK 1982 24-Bit 176.4kHz FLAC]

Ripped from my original UK pressing on Fetish Records, here is the debut solo album from Cabaret Voltaire voice & bass, Stephen Mallinder. Based around five key compositions of warped dub-funk in the Cabaret Voltaire style dispersed with short industrial works recorded with Last Few Days, this album has seen a recent reissue, however to these ears the original still sounds the best.

A1 The Devil In Me
A2 0-58
A3 Pow-Wow
A4 Three Piece Swing
A5 1-20
B1 1-37
B2 In Smoke
B3 1-59
B4 Length Of Time
B5 1-34

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to say "thank you" for your outstanding work - much of what you have featured on your site is "new" to me, and the education and depth of my knowledge of music has been wonderfully enhanced

    Some of the sound you share are not my normal preference, but the challenge to my entrenched (I am an "old dude"" sensibilities is very much appreciated

    Thank you very much

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks a lot for this one! The several different versions of this work are indeed a bit confusing, I am having the 1992 CD "Pow-Wow Plus", which is a kind of enhanced version (nobody would have guessed that given the title), but I think sticking to the original LP version is indeed the best. The missing "Temperature Drop" is a bit sad here, but I am prepared for any bet that the Blogmeister is having the 12'' too (as it belongs, of course) and it is already in the making.
    If so Blogmeister, please be couraged and dare to post the 12'' too, even against our massive resistance! :D
    Anyway, thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keep your eye out for something on Digitalia ;-)

      Delete

Post a Comment