International Break

 

Colourbox - The Official Colourbox World Cup Theme [BAD 605 UK 1986 24-Bit 176.4kHz FLAC]

Colourbox were responsible for one of the most energetic & uplifting works of electronic music ever recorded. 

The Official Colourbox World Cup Theme should have been used by the BBC for their coverage of EspaƱa '86, they didn't and it remains unclear if the track was ever offered for World Cup 1986. If my memory serves me correctly both this and Baby I Love you So were released on the same day in a bizarre plot to diminish the finances of any poor student fan at the the time. 

I don't think I have ever ripped this single from vinyl before, so brought to you with the magical help of Turgikleen surfactant and many rinses in the ultrasonic record cleaner is likely one of the best football themes ever recorded.

You need this ...almost as much as Manchester United need the international break!

A1 The Official Colourbox World Cup Theme
B1 Philip Glass
B2 The Official Colourbox World Cup Theme


Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, many thanks for more 4AD early stuff, awesome share!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many thanks BM, a great bit of vinyl. I think it was Mexico in 1986, Spain was 1982, though my memory isn't what it was!!. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome tune, thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment