Lightnin' Years Ahead Of Its Time
Jimi Hendrix with Lightnin' Rod - Doriella Du Fontaine [CEL0166 RSD2011 24-Bit 176.4kHz FLAC]
I last ripped this single back in 2010 from an original crackly French Celluloid Records pressing. In 2011 it got a reissue for Record Store Day, so twelve+ years on I am using the better re-release copy for a much improved listening experience.
Originally recorded by Alan Douglas in 1970 (and never released) of a jam session featuring Jimi Hendrix on guitar & bass, the legendary Buddy Miles on drums and keyboards and the voice of Lightnin' Rod aka Jalal Nuriddin of The Last Poets. Bill Laswell performed post-production duties back in 1984 to breath new life into this long lost recording of a unique blend of rap, rock jazz and blues.
A1 Doriella Du Fontaine
B1 Doriella Du Fontaine (Instrumental)
B2 O.D.

https://mega.nz/file/iERgUDqZ#nzHSd0DOBQu5IrhFq9WTTAoFxNbK4Wxmmwugts2Gy3c
ReplyDeleteThank you!!!!!
Deleteawesome! thank you very much. no pressure, but just floating the idea – i’d love to hear the original rip over on digitalia if you’re up for it. i’m a fan of hearing as many pressings as possible even if the source record is lower quality, especially of early or original pressings…though i’m sure i’m in the minority, i’ll admit
ReplyDeleteVery nice one, thank you. If I may, what follows is a correction and additional information not available at discogs:
ReplyDeleteHendrix + Miles recorded in November 1969 at Record Plant, NYC, USA.
Lightnin' Rod's vocals recorded in 1973.
Produced by Alan Douglas.
Mixed by Material and Dave Jerden at RPM Studio, NYC.
Mastered by Howie Weinberg at Masterdisk, NYC.
Coordination by Robert Soares.
Great stuff. Thanks for the further detail.
DeleteThank you for introducing me to this effort. I'm well aware of The Last Poet's work and Jimi Hendrix?Buddy Miles, but never heard of this mix. Much appreciated.
ReplyDeleteThis one I've not heard, so thankyou very much indeed.
ReplyDeleteI have never heard of this Hendrix recording. It will be interesting to hear. Many thanks!
ReplyDeleteBrian
Seconded on the “I had no idea this existed” sentiment. This is a revelation.
ReplyDeleteTYVM for the upgrade!
ReplyDeleteNice one mate
ReplyDeleteCheers