Feeling Vox'ish?
The Fall - Perverted By Language [MOVLP3321 NLD 2023 24-Bit 176.4kHz FLAC]
Originally released on Rough Trade Records in 1983.
I was surprised to see that Dutch reissue label Music On Vinyl were releasing my favourite Fall album this year. My UK original is not in great shape and I was keen to hear how the Record Industry pressing would sound compared to my somewhat lifeless UK original.... and I am somewhat impressed.
For me, this record would always be about Eat Y'Self Fitter which a young Blogmeister & chums could be heard reciting word for word through the streets of Manchester following late night drinking sessions...the usual routine was Corbieres, then a few pints of Guinness in the Lass O'Gowrie, followed by further decadence & ligging in FAC51 until closing time.
This album also sees the introduction of Brix Smith who gets to lead the vocals on probably the weakest track, Hotel Blöedel. Stand outs will always be the aforementioned opener, Smile and I Feel Voxish.
Strife ye knot!
A1 Eat Y'self Fitter
A2 Neighbourhood Of Infinity
A3 Garden
A4 Hotel Blöedel
B1 Smile
B2 I Feel Voxish
B3 Tempo House
B4 Hexen Definitive / Strife Knot

https://mega.nz/file/7Q43GYpb#hb7XSPLXRAlNwiY0XiSqpyKLLBSJNM449gkTzG1HmOU
ReplyDeleteEat Y'self Fitter, probably my Desert Island Discs Fall choice. And one of Peels' as well...
ReplyDeleteI have to confess, and with all love and due respect to John Peel, I just don't get this band at all. But, I shall give it another try with this one. Thanks!
ReplyDeleteI've got the Italian Base/Rough Trade edition and a dead turntable so it will be great to hear this again. Many thanks!
ReplyDeleteBrian
I love this record more than almost anything else I own. The Fall at the peak of their game. Thank you!!
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to the dominant bass of Tempo House.
ReplyDeleteLet me comment for once more time that "Hotel Blöedel" is one of the finest Fall songs! Thank you very much for this great rip!
ReplyDeleteBiily, Athens, Greece