The Paris Match

 

The Style Council - À Paris [TSCX 3 UK 1983 24-Bit 176.4kHz FLAC]

This twelve inch EP is forty years old in August this year! This is my original copy, bought at HMV in Manchester on the day of release ....the price sticker says I paid £2.79. 

From becoming the voice of the young generation to fondling his own nipple on a River Cam punt, from  a council estate in Woking to foaming cappuccinos À Paris, this record propelled the Bard Of Woking to the upper echelons of pop stardom. Long Hot Summer likely remains one of the key summer tunes for many, however The Paris Match has to be one his finest and most soulful compositions.

A1 Long Hot Summer
B1 Party Chambers
B2 The Paris Match
B3 Le Départ

Needle Time will return next week.

Comments

  1. https://mega.nz/file/DcoCxAYB#-eDSHS6ZXgcTkw51joPUcoAABfFcE2Uix24X2wZ7bnM

    ReplyDelete
  2. '80s style council EP, very classy! thank you again, thank you always

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Times of big tunes and small trousers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love the Jam and have really, really tried to embrace the Style Council, but there are only a handfull of songs which I can tolerate. Long Hot Summer is one of them, I guess because it has such and 80's sound and I was an 80's kid (I'm an old dude of 58 now) one of the others is Speak Like A Child. Oh and thank you Blogmeister for all you do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cheers, always evokes summer. And I was in Manchester in 1983 too, having just graduated. And it was a long hot summer, living in a council flat in Ardwick (Fort Ardwick) with a balcony where we could sit out in the summer. 6 months of unemployment before hopping on the treadmill of work end of the year. Still on treadmill.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment