In-Between Roberts
The Essence - Only For You [DONG 41 UK 1988 24-Bit 176.4kHz FLAC]
Whilst contemplating which twelve-inch singles would feature in this week's re-rip list, I heard this single playing in a store and thought it would be perfect for a new rip.
Hans Deiner managed to keep Dutch indie-rockers The Essence going for nearly ten years, finding reasonable success on the continent, however no matter how hard he tried, he couldn't break the British market. Listen to Only For You and you will only think of one band, the problem for Hans is he clearly only thinks of that one band on every song he writes and sings on.
I am not going to mention who this other band is, so if you don't know of Hans' fixation, just give this single a listen and you'll soon get who I mean. In actual fact, the song itself is really quite good, the only problem is.... well I'll let you decide that for yourselves.
A1 Only For You
B1 Jump And Fall
B2 Angelic

https://mega.nz/file/2AojgaCC#GW8hwFkZ1s7p0CtIspJ8sjKb-CDn7_v8Sy-MB6jNzBY
ReplyDeletePurely demure in its understatement, I was lured in by your curation. And the spiderman is always hungry.
ReplyDeletewonderful, thank you!
ReplyDeleteI remember the rumours... But their first three records were good no matter.
ReplyDeletecheers
ReplyDeletethank you sweet stuff. making my weekend
ReplyDelete