Chet & Pepper

 

Chet Baker - Plays The Best Of Lerner & Loewe [CR00360 USA 2021 24-Bit 176.4kHz FLAC]

Originally released on Riverside Records back in 1959.

It is that time of the week to kick back, slip into something a little more comfortable, pour yourself a wee dram. It all starts again tomorrow, in the meantime here is some more Chet. 

This was to be one of Baker's last albums recorded in the USA as he, along with many of his peers, was heading for Europe. On this album he plays the tunes of Alan Jay Lerner and Frederick Lowe from the many musicals composed by the two. He is joined by Bill Evans on piano, Earl May on bass, Herbie Mann, Zoot Simms & Pepper Adams on sax, and Herbie Mann on flute. 

Kevin Gray cut this release from the original master tapes for Craft Recordings a few years back, RTI took care of the pressing.

A1 I've Grown Accustomed To Your Face
A2 I Could Have Danced All Night
A3 The Heather On The Hill
A4 On The Street Where You Live
B1 Almost Like Being In Love
B2 Thank Heaven For Little Girls
B3 I Talk To The Trees
B4 Show Me

Comments

  1. https://mega.nz/file/HE52RBiJ#zTIJyocCnr0-yGjIqiyNycsXIP0h8w045GFd6_2b0EI

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, a Chet Baker album I've never heard. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lineup! Can't go wrong with this one -- thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment