From A Lonely Place
New Order - Ceremony [FAC 33/12 UK 1981 24-Bit 176.4kHz FLAC]
Until today, I have never ripped & published my original UK Factory Records A1/B1 twelve inch of Ceremony. I've had a few goes in the past, and abandoned for one reason or another. Likely purchased at PJ Swales (the record and TV shop owned by the then Manchester City chairman) in Altrincham, Cheshire or just up the street at Gordon's Records ...my memory remains a bit fuzzy about where, but who cares? I do recall that the infamous 'Check-In' nightclub was just across the street.
I don't own the later re-recorded version with Gillian, this is the original three piece doing reinterpretations of some of the last songs written by Ian Curtis before he took his own life in May 1980. That's all history, and everything went downhill from here on.....
A1 Ceremony
B1 In A Lonely Place

https://mega.nz/file/Kc4jwBDS#PjmEL0nrbQKGkGFvWWBElN-ZoFEKNyyjMPUVgOVi6EM
ReplyDeleteYeah I can agree that it is all downhill from here in the sense that nothing in New Order's catalogue touches the greatness of this ..I probably love Procession/Everything's Gone Green as their best without Curtis's input ..Anyways thank you for sharing this great one ..
ReplyDeleteThanks for posting. I only have the 7" version of the original recording. For some reason my green 12" has the new version, like the cream/blue version. ....though I think I might actually prefer the one with Gillian. Maybe it's just because I heard that one first. Looking forward to hearing your rip of the 12" format.
ReplyDeleteHey I should add, beautiful recording you made! I know how hard it can be to coax good results from vinyl that old.
ReplyDeleteThank you. My favorite version, though I like the Substance version as well as that was my first intro the song I usually call my favorite. It's that or Outdoor Miner.
ReplyDeletethanks
ReplyDeleteThank you! Your work is greatly appreciated.
ReplyDeleteThank you. I remember rushing down to the record shop and buying this when it first came out in New Zealand. Still have my heavily played record despite efforts of buyers to relieve me of it.
ReplyDeleteI was unaware of the background to this release. I'm looking forward to comparing versions. Many thanks!
ReplyDeleteBrian
Cheers
ReplyDeleteGreat to have this. Many thanks!
ReplyDeletePeter Swales had a record shop? Still a comb-over cunt mind.
ReplyDelete