Start Your Week Off Right!
The Jam - Sound Affects [POLD 5035 UK 1980 24-Bit 176.4kHz FLAC]
As a boyhood Jam-fan, there is a stark reality which hits you when you realise that this album is forty-two years old.
My copy is an original UK release cut by Arun Chakraverty at The Master Room in London although, like many Polydor releases, it was pressed in France. To say this album has had a lot of play would be an understatement, however I thought I would make a series attempt at deep cleaning and then one final rip before it goes back onto the shelf ....for eternity! If you are on ESWA v2.0, you may have my first attempt at a rip from a few years back - ditch that and grab this, it is a significant improvement.
Whilst I understand that there are many blog followers to whom The Jam were never that important, please indulge me, for many of us (especially on these tiny islands), they were everything.
A1 Pretty Green
A2 Monday
A3 But I'm Different Now
A4 Set The House Ablaze
A5 Start!
A6 That's Entertainment
B7 Dream Time
B8 Man In The Corner Shop
B9 Music For The Last Couple
B10 Boy About Town
B11 Scrape Away

https://mega.nz/file/6Y5xjCYJ#Rjdds7YbyIh6IFTa0DiZ1FlNInoliOxYvomOpuPZqbA
ReplyDeleteGreat band, great album, I 100% agree it is a stark reality being 42 years old!
ReplyDeleteMany thanks as always.
The first record I ever gave a girl as a present.
ReplyDeleteMany thanks for this. And 42 - heh! I wave my private parts at your auntie, as I listen to my now 55 year-old recordings of all things 1968, when I was a 13 year-old! ;)
ReplyDeleteThere was never a bad Jam record. Fact.
ReplyDeleteThey had a strong run and this is my fave. A big thanks.
ReplyDeleteThis album should be heard by every human on the planet! Yeah its that good!
ReplyDeleteI will indulge anyone who mentions The Jam and in particular this LP--which I have copied pretty much to every music-playing device I have ever owned! Bruce Foxton's playing really pops on this one. The songs are models of concision and yet tell stories of remarkable depth for a band so young. Thank you!
ReplyDeleteHail the The Guvnor
ReplyDeleteNice to revisit this one in such nice quality. It was never my favourite against their previous releases at the time but has grown on me a lot over the last 42 years !!
ReplyDeleteGreat share. In summer of '81, my older brother brought this LP home from college in Austin, TX. This was wholly unlike the Stones and Springsteen I'd been listening to. Fantastic trio.
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for this, it will be my afternoon listening today!!!!
ReplyDelete