Looks Like We Are Not In Analogue Anymore

 

Electric Light Orchestra - Eldorado [MFSV 1-514 USA 2022 24-Bit 176.4kHz FLAC]

Excuse me a little self-indulgence, I could well be a closet ELO fan (okay maybe only a few of their albums) so earlier this year I couldn't resist picking this up at a small record store (which shall remain nameless) who miss-priced it. That was then and now a lot of water has flowed under the Mo-Faux bridge. We now know this was mastered using a DSD256 transfer from the 'original master' tapes, despite what the label wanted us to believe at the time. 

I am not going to proceed with any more Mofi bashing because we all know that it is all about the music.... and love ELO or hate ELO, this sounds bloody amazing! That's all I am going to say ....period.

A1 Eldorado Overture
A2 Can't Get It Out Of My Head
A3 Boy Blue
A4 Laredo Tornado
A5 Poor Boy (The Greenwood)
B1 Mister Kingdom
B2 Nobody's Child
B3 Illusions In G Major
B4 Eldorado
B5 Eldorado - Finale

Comments

  1. https://mega.nz/file/HdxhiYJC#gR3KqknnixUvPvSl5lFKWQImiUyM_FBHXMssQ8tXgDs

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I recall correctly, at the beginning of the Overture there is some backwards audio, such that if you spin the vinyl backwards you hear: "The music is reversible, but time is not! Turn Back...TURN Back!!...TURN BACK!!!"

    Another closet ELO fan here...and Roy Wood, though he had departed the band by the time of this release...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is in another ELO LP (Face The Music) and the opening song was Fire On High.

      Delete
    2. That backwards audio mentioned is from another ELO's LP: Face The Music, and the opening song: Fire On High.

      Delete
  3. Excellent stuff, I still have all my ELO vinyl and it still is in amazing condition. I ripped Out Of The Blue, but it sounded terrible, so wasn't going to embarrass myself putting it on ESWA. Looking forward to comparing this to my vinyl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Out Of The Blue is alleged to be on the MoFi release schedule.

      Delete
    2. what is ESWA?

      Delete
    3. https://norecordshopsleft.blogspot.com/

      Delete

Post a Comment