Brothers In Arms

 

Deutsch Amerikanische Freundschaft - 1st Step To Heaven [MOVLP3059 NLD 2022 24-Bit 176.4kHz FLAC]

After a break of a few years, German electronic pioneers Deutsch Amerikanische Freundschaft returned in 1986 -  all polished up & without their shirts, with a deal on Dean Records (via RCA) in Europe and Illuminated Records in the UK. Their single Brothers was one of my soundtracks of the period and whilst most purists would struggle with their new image, their was no doubt that the duo had adapted and modernised their sound like many other electronic pioneers of the era. 

Illuminated Records chose not to release the album in the UK, consequently import copies were hard to track down and nearly forty years on, good clean European originals are hard to find. Imagine my delight when Music On Vinyl released this very limited repressing of 1000 on gold vinyl a few weeks ago. I was initially apprehensive about the gold vinyl, but thankfully Record Industry have made excellent work of the remastering and pressing, I think it sounds really good. Recorded digitally at the Hartmann Studio in Bavaria in 1985, this new master respects the original recording with a dynamic response of DR15.

A1 Voulez Vous Coucher Avec Moi
A2 Opium
A3 Brothers
A4 Voulez Vous Coucher Avec Moi Part II
B1 Sex Up
B2 Pure Joy
B3 Party
B4 1st Step To Heaven




Comments

  1. https://mega.nz/file/vVxznbxb#fMsym0sm8beDdjacczJWiFrZboa6MsSYbQy5A1iMAAU

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are having a bit of a heat wave here in San Francisco. I didn't think it could get any hotter today...
    ...until I saw this music video for Brothers.

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ring Modulator22 June 2022 at 20:40

    Always been a guilty pleasure as I always was into the "harder stuff".......but they always kept it up!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i am so chuffed mate

    i have not heard this in some time

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment