And Suddenly It's....
The Left Banke - Walk Away Renee [NRIC 022 UK 1984 24-Bit 176.4kHz FLAC]
In the late eighties, as I was becoming disillusioned with then current music trends, I began looking back at the seventies and sixties for music new to me. I would consider myself as a bit of a labellist, and Bam Caruso Records ticked all my boxes, so I built a hefty collection of their extensive releases.
The Bam-Caruso psyche compilations, which I had been peddling at my chain store music retailer, had fueled my interest in the alternative sixties to a point (early Floyd, Velvets and Them) and I also began to investigate the artists Phil Smee had compiled on Rubbles etc. I have all the Rubbles albums among my collection, they will feature at some point.
Bam-Caruso had obtained the rights to The Left Banke back catelogue and these were eventually to find their way into my collection. Often misconceived as a British pop band, they were actually American and from New York, their baroque and strings sound intrigued me greatly.
Originally released as single in the summer of 1966, Walk Away Renee was possibly their most famous track, compiled here by Bam Caruso as a four track seven inch EP of essential fuzzy delights.
A1 Walk Away Renee
A2 Evening Gown
B1 Bryant Hotel
B2 Nice To See You

https://mega.nz/file/mcYE3bCb#rJ5Olt0MEqPRZr8VwR925r4ezV459cx6SePSLRA89E4
ReplyDeleteMore Bam Caruso please!! Thanks for posting this.
ReplyDeleteVery nice, thank you
ReplyDeletegreat stuff; more Bam Caruso, please - especially the compilations (not Rubble)
ReplyDeleteBeen a real favourite since I bought the single at the ripe old age of eleven with 'my own money' as we used to say. It's a shame that this EP isn't more representative of the brilliance that Michael Brown brought to pop music. Renee is non-pareil, of course, but listen to Shadows Breaking Over My Head, She May Call You Up Tonight, Barterers and their Wives, or Men Are Building Sand to hear pop magic that rivals the best of the Zombies, the Hollies, and a handful of others. Thanks for this.
ReplyDeleteSuperb! Thanks.
ReplyDeleteStunning, one of the best 60s bands, many thanks for this great EP!
ReplyDelete