Death Of The Disco Dancer
Amii Stewart - Light My Fire/137 Disco Heaven [K 11728(CT) UK 1979 24-Bit 176.4kHz FLAC]
It's Friday night, this is my blog and I can post whatever the hell I feel like! American disco chanteuse Amii Stewart was bigger in Europe than the USA. Best known for her cover of Eddie Floyd's Knock On Wood, Stewart followed it with a eight and a half minute disco-massacre of The Doors' Light My Fire. Nurtured by Barry Leng and Simon May (remember him!), the songstress fed the German and Italian appetites for trite seventies disco some two years after the genre first hit America.
Go on ...you know you want this!
A1 Light My Fire /137 Disco Heaven
B1 Bring It On Back To Me

This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteEven though it's a medley/half the royalties,
Deleteuntil Oliver Stone's movie,
this was the highest selling Doors song.
Big smile! Big smile! Thanks! Thanks!
ReplyDeleteMy favorite cover massacre would have to be Iron Man by Cat Rapes Dog, I used it to clear the metal heads out of my apartment..... Looking forward to this
ReplyDeleteYour Friday, my Saturday night - will double up with I feel love extended! Cheers
ReplyDelete