Who, What, Why, When?

 

Dif Juz - Who Says So? [RFM 24 UK 1983 24-Bit 176.4/88.2 kHz FLAC]

All my Dif Juz links were deleted a while back, however the band's albums have been among the most requested reposts since I began this site. As I hinted to one follower, re-rips were on the way, so here is the first in a choice of higher end resolutions, just because that seems to be the way we like things around here.

Between releases as part of the 4AD roster, Dif Juz released Who Says So? on the Red Flame label in 1983. I never acquired a copy back then, consequently it was on my 'wants list' for many a year. I was delighted to pick up this mint copy with the assistance of your blog donations.

Unwisely overlooked since release, this album is another mostly instrumental journey through the jazz-punk-dub experimental creativity of this remarkable band who retired from music in 1986. PiL fans may especially enjoy the dubby delights of a Wobble inspired The Dub Song.

Surprisingly Who Says So? has never seen a reissue and good clean copies are incredibly difficult to find. 

This new rip sounds excellent; the vinyl is nearly forty years old, so after a trip through my Tergikleen regime, the balance between sparkle and punch is a significant improvement on my first rip. The soundstage is deep, wide, detailed and immersive. If you listen closely, you can hear studio chatter between some tracks. It is also great to rip from a decent pressing with minimal vinyl rumble in the quiet sections.

Re-enjoy!

A1   Roy's Tray
A2   So Shy
A3   Song With No Name
A4   Tabla Piece
B1   SWNN Part 2
B2   Pass It On Charlie
B3   Channel
B4   The Dub Song

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Strangely, I have never listened this title (it is categorized as EP or Mini-Album), although I was in love with "Extractions" as well as most of the 4AD releases of that time. Magical time for music. Can't wait to hear this, for me, missed and lost "passage through time". Thnx so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Somehow managed to miss this as well, top banana. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Many thanks for the upgrade, they were really awesome

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the prompt action on the Juz.

    If I wasn't mourning Betty Davis today, I'd open the windows and share this with the neighbours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These rips are stunning, thank you again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Best enjoyed with a Camberwell carrot LOL. You'll travel the spaceways! Thanks very much for this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Might we expect Extractions in all its super hi-res glory along the way? RIP Ian McDonald today. Might the first King Crimson make an appearance?

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beauty share mate

    The Dif Juz are really exceptional gems to grace us with

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment