Riff Happy

 

Public Image Limited - Happy? [208 605 GER 1987 24-Bit FLAC]

It's John Lydon's 66th birthday today, so to celebrate, here is a brand new rip of the Happy? album from 1987. Quite a few have asked for this ....and it is a significant upgrade on my old November 2018 rip.

John Lydon and his ever rotating band of musicians stick the Public Image Limited name on what is essentially a polished eighties rock album. If it wasn't for the spiky ginger one's gritty and discordant monotone, Happy? could well be an album by any of a string of eighties hair-rock bands, however none of that lot had the late John McGeoch rocking out with the riffs.

Is this really a PIL album, it is a zillion miles from Metal Box, after all those rifts and splits, my jury is out - however it is an entertaining listen and it does sound great when cranked up really loud, especially with all that McGeoch guitar which saves the record from eighties polished mediocrity.

I am indebted to long time blog follower penguinflight for donating his German pressing of this album, ripped for you all in 24-bits of FLAC and 88.4kHz of energetic audio. I need to get away from ripping for a bit, postings will resume by mid-February, so feel free to talk amongst yourselves or just listen to the music. When I get back, I will be clearing back my Mega to files over a year old in preparation for my next onslaught of rippage.

Back soon!

A1   Seattle 
A2   Rules And Regulations 
A3   The Body 
A4   Save Me 
B1   Hard Times 
B2   Open And Revolving 
B3   Angry 
B4   Fat Chance Hotel

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many thanks, fantastic album, happy birthday John, a true legend

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting. I was never a big fan of PIL, but Album and Happy were around me so much in high school and college that I'm sort of nostalgic for them at this point. (and I still make a joke about losing my American Express card that I fashioned from listening to Fat Chance Hotel)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy b/day to Mr Lydon.
    Many thanks for this posting.
    Enjoy your time away & I look forward to your return!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment