Gooooood Together!
A Certain Ratio - Good Together [No Cat 12" WL UK 1989 24-Bit FLAC]
I still recall the day in the summer of 1989 when a sweaty-handed A&M Records rep handed me this anonymous 12" white label, knowing that I was an ACR fan, he remarked along the lines of..."You might want to play this instore now"....I did. Within minutes, we were getting requests at the counter for copies, selling all his promo stock in one swoop - except of course this copy which I persuaded him to gift me.
According to Discogs, only 500 copies were pressed. At about the same time, electronic dance records such as 808 State's Quadrastate were in significant demand - so here was a major record label with what could have been a squelchy Manc-monster of a dance hit ...and they just sat on it. The track was eventually an extra track on the compact disc version on the album of the same name, then a year later it was eventually released as a seven-inch only and as lead track on the Four For The Floor EP around February 1990.
The record itself features Bernard Sumner, Shaun Ryder .....and Kathleen Turner! See below for John Peel's first impressions of the track.
I have ripped this white label before, however let me suggest that after a few drops of that magic surfactant, it has never sounded as good as this new 2022 rip.
A1 Good Together (Mix 1)
A2 Good Together (Mix 2)
B1 Good Together (Mix 3)
B2 Untitled
88.2: https://mega.nz/file/zRplAIhJ#FOvomtM8imGh1SZLIFqRzo6pMjaHHOX1G17ExsxfqBM
ReplyDelete176.4: https://mega.nz/file/jQg1VS7C#J_AUaAC1Mdt_d2aeUWv-bQJZqYzmDDUEBgJVIKvyjJk
Thank you, new to me.
ReplyDeleteThank you. Thank you.
ReplyDeleteAmazing post. Awesome sound!!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on getting that white label. I don't recall you having posted this before, so I'll definitely check this out (again?). Thanks!
ReplyDelete