Breakdown

 

Clock DVA - Breakdown (Remix) [POSPX 627 UK 1983 24-Bit FLAC]

By 1983, during those Polydor years, Clock DVA had come a million miles from Thirst and even further from those experimental tape textures of those earliest recordings. Breakdown was their most commercial single, dark industrial pop-funk with a horn section hook and female backing vocals was not their usual style, however I believe it worked and suited the leather clad Newton growl very well. 

They mucked about a bit with the original album version for this twelve inch remix, but all the elements are their for this huge stab at a hit. That hit was never to come unfortunately for this immense sounding single, so Adi lost interest and eventually disbanded this line-up by simply not turning up to the recording sessions for their third album at Strawberry Studios. We have been promised that Mute Records have done a deal to reissue much from Clock DVA's output between 1980 and 1983, however a release schedule is yet to materialise. Velvet fans will possibly find Clock DVA's darker than dark reinterpretation of Black Angel's Death Song on the flip of interest.

Again, you may well find a choice of available resolutions as I wrap up the Clock DVA Polydor years' singles with this brand new rip.

A1 Breakdown (Extended Version)
B1 Black Angel's Death Song




Comments

  1. 88.2: https://mega.nz/file/vAoTRYgI#-tINvZhuPS89jnnhBhAn57p9o__OXuHAKSX456f4Ffw

    176.4: https://mega.nz/file/SYQQxbyR#rSgMQ6xpVL3kCy3-kW7ul6kbMVaWBHEqiySYxVU2JgA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks again. Thanks Again. Best. Best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The only Clock DVA vinyl I possess ... think maybe I bought it for the B side after hearing it on Peel. Thanks, will be good to hear again

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for the DVA, Blogmeister. I really love the Advantage-era tracks and remember well the first time I heard the album on headphones all those years ago - wow.
    Feel free to continue with their releases which have broken links [e.g.White Souls In Black Suits]. I have most of the early 80s releases but my vinyl isn't in great condition and these transfers sound so good! Much appreciated.
    PB

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mute's been promising Clock DVA reissues since the late 1990s...at this point I'll be shocked if they happer

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment