Sound Affects
The Jam - Snap! [38MM 0316/7 JPN 2LP+7" 1983 24-Bit FLAC]
After the recent rips of the two earliest albums by The Jam, I entertained the thought of re-ripping all their singles. Most of them are originals and have seen a little too much use. In search of the perfect rip, I pulled out my immaculate Japanese pressing of their Snap! double album compilation of singles (with four bonus live tracks on a seven inch) and gave it a first spin in what seemed like decades.
I was blown away by the quality of audio pouring through my ripping headphones and enjoyed every minute of the ripping & mastering processes. I don't think I have ever heard these 'greatest hits' in such detail, most of the tracks clock in comfortably below -1db with dynamic response numbers coming between DR14 and DR11. The Foxton Rickenbacker bass and the Buckler kick drum punch powerfully from the centre of the soundstage, the Weller riffs fill the space around your head with clarity and dynamism.
As a fifteen year old kid, I had all The Jam singles - but I didn't have a 600 quid Japanese low output Shibata diamond and a 300 quid linear power supply upgrade attached to a fine quality 1100 quid upper mid-market turntable.
Pick your favourite......
A1 In The City
A2 Away From The Numbers
A3 All Around The World
A4 The Modern World
A5 News Of The World
A6 Billy Hunt
A7 English Rose
A8 Mr. Clean
B1 David Watts
B2 "A" Bomb In Wardour Street
B3 Down In The Tube Station At Midnight
B4 Strange Town
B5 The Butterfly Collector
B6 When You're Young
B7 Smithers-Jones
B8 Thick As Thieves
C1 The Eton Rifles
C2 Going Underground
C3 Dreams Of Children
C4 That's Entertainment
C5 Start!
C6 Man In The Corner Shop
C7 Funeral Pyre
D1 Absolute Beginners
D2 Tales From The Riverbank
D3 Town Called Malice
D4 Precious
D5 The Bitterest Pill (I Ever Had To Swallow)
D6 Beat Surrender
E1 Move On Up
E2 Get Yourself Together
F1 The Great Depression
F2 But I'm Different Now
Part one: https://mega.nz/file/bRYBmCqA#efqy_3VljfeMatFiYl9_wm2t9Wt0RGm6lDoGGvjUAUk
ReplyDeletePart two: https://mega.nz/file/KNAxhAYa#62p_SgWj0fGB4CBaMC8YICKlHrNmdJlk-v2Tipp2Cns
Both parts are needed to extract to one folder.
Hey Bloggy, Thank you for this, but I'm having trouble getting C2 to extract. Any chance of popping it up as an extra? Thanks in advance. :-)
ReplyDeleteHere is C2: https://mega.nz/file/adh1xaBK#3d2mOByJ-c7InQb3pyTYIiK4a-tItGMs4OY3DABiEhk
DeleteHopefully this isn't a wider issue for everybody
Many thanks for this fantastic share !!
ReplyDeleteThe only Jam album I bought when they existed. I ripped my vinyl about 8 years ago so this is a treat not to mention the extras.
ReplyDeleteThank you ! For those of us who have enjoyed the (decades worth of) creations from Paul Weller & his various accompanying band members, this Lp set holds a special place in our hearts/between our ears. I hope that many of Needle Time's followers will give this set a whole-hearted try.
ReplyDeleteThank you, thank you, thank you. I have loved all your Jam rips!
ReplyDeleteThank you !
ReplyDeletethanks a lot
ReplyDeleteBoing! Snap!
ReplyDeletegreat > thnx
ReplyDeleteMany thanks! I have really enjoyed the Japanese pressings you've shared. And this collection is tops.
ReplyDeleteMany thanks! I have really enjoyed the Japanese pressings you've shared, and this collection is tops.
ReplyDeletePick your favourite......
ReplyDeleteA1 In The City
A2 Away From The Numbers
A3 All Around The World
A4 The Modern World
A5 News Of The World
A6 Billy Hunt
A7 English Rose
A8 Mr. Clean
B1 David Watts
B2 "A" Bomb In Wardour Street
B3 Down In The Tube Station At Midnight
B4 Strange Town
B5 The Butterfly Collector
B6 When You're Young
B7 Smithers-Jones
B8 Thick As Thieves
C1 The Eton Rifles
C2 Going Underground
C3 Dreams Of Children
C4 That's Entertainment
C5 Start!
C6 Man In The Corner Shop
C7 Funeral Pyre
D1 Absolute Beginners
D2 Tales From The Riverbank
D3 Town Called Malice
D4 Precious
D5 The Bitterest Pill (I Ever Had To Swallow)
D6 Beat Surrender
E1 Move On Up
E2 Get Yourself Together
F1 The Great Depression
F2 But I'm Different Now
Thank U!
A lovely rip and will go well with the earlier The Jam discs. Thankyou very much.
ReplyDeleteWOW
ReplyDeleteBrilliant
Going underground + David Watts are esp. sweet
Classic album. Thanks for this rip.
ReplyDelete