Sound Investments
James - Sit Down [RTT 225 UK 1989 24-Bit FLAC]
Rough Trade rescued James from the post-Warners doldrums, then gave them the freedom to write and record their most uplifting & well known track, represented here from an original 1989 UK vinyl pressing. This version is far superior to the bastardised version for Fontana Records, released in twelve versions/formats between 1991 and 1998.
I was too young to be a punk and too old to be a baggy, this single marked the end of my affair with James. After the two wonderful Factory singles, then one excellent and one okay album for Warners/Sire/ Blanco Y Negro, then this - I was done.
In case you were wondering, the chap immortalised on the Central Station Design sleeve is Tony Macedo, Gibraltar-born goalkeeper for Fulham FC - long before most of you were born.
A1 Sit Down
B1 Goin' Away
B2 Sound Investment
B3 Sky Is Falling

https://mega.nz/file/eUhCyQbL#ng8NINJO1p7W0R3Tfl98x_Hw-SrUD2WKbkgSbIlxEqE
ReplyDeleteThanks Blogmeister, I agree that this is clearly the best version of this track. In an alternate universe this would have been a hit and they may not have become quite so polished. Thanks for posting!
ReplyDeleteI agree maybe their last really great record. I got off the bus after this. Always wondered what their career would've been like if they stayed with Factory.
ReplyDeleteyes i loved them before this and not after, echoing other comments here
ReplyDelete