People's Pleasure Park

 

The Durutti Column - Vini Reilly [FBN 244 2LP UK RSD2020 24-Bit FLAC]

Originally released on Factory Records LP (FACT 244) in March 1989. Factory Benelux expanded Vini Reilly to a double album with an extra 7" of the Morrissey out-take for RSD2020 in a limited edition of just 1000 copies. Given the demand for this hard to find album, I won't be surprised if it resurfaces again on vinyl in one combination or another. 

Possibly the best album to reveal Reilly's skill as both a guitarist and a composer, his self-titled eighth album for the original Factory was notable was the breadth of samples used; borrowing segments of opera, blues and soul, the maestro adds a certain panache to the original compositions, keeping up with current trends from its 1989 time stamp. Otis clearly stands out among the eleven very special tracks on the original album. The extra tracks feature the Womad Live recordings which have been released so far, it would have been extra special if the label had access to the remainder of the set. Of the featured live tracks, you just need to appreciate Vini's guitar work on Bordeaux backed up by A Certain Ratio/Swing Out Sister ivory tinkler Andy Connell on synths.

A1 Love No More
A2 Pol In G
A3 Opera I
A4 People's Pleasure Park
A5 Finding The Sea
B1 Otis
B2 They Work Every Day
B3 Opera II
B4 Homage To Catalonia
B5 Requiem Again
B6 My Country
C1 Red Square
C2 William B
C3 Paradise Passage Road
C4 Dry
C5 My Country (Monarchy Mix)
D1 Otis (Live)
D2 English Landscape Tradition (Live)
D3 Finding The Sea (Live)
D4 Bordeaux (Live)
E1 I Know Very Well How I Got My Note Wrong
F1 For Steven Patrick

Comments

  1. https://mega.nz/file/7MoiSJZI#kLhxosv-_VhVSTdBkw7_PHJoO-4dXdA70W7SaL1BPGI

    https://mega.nz/file/aNh2hbiJ#piArhXygysvE63PBmelt74EZVmq4w8o7f0TQwRR1Qec

    You need both parts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice, thanks Blogmeister. I should give this another listen, it's been a while! I remember only a couple weeks after buying this when it came out, some Morrissey fan overheard me talking to the record shop owner about how I had enjoyed the album and the extra 3" CD that came with it and the fan offered me $50 for it on the spot as it was already impossible to find. I told him no of course as I rarely resell. ....and also did not loss any sleep from upsetting a Morrissey fan, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this great Record.Love this Band.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for this great Record.Love this Band.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment