Letter From Sapporo

 

Ryo Fukui - A Letter From Slowboat [WRJ008 LTD CHE 2020 24-Bit FLAC]

A few weeks ago, I ripped the sterling repress of Ryo Fukui's debut album Scenery, originally released in 1976. Fukui albums didn't come along too often,  in fact he released just four between 1976 and 2016, all very limited releases in Japan only. 

A Letter From Slowboat was his last, originally released in 2016 and recorded at his own Slowboat jazz club in Sapporo, featuring his delightful contemporary jazz piano backed by just bass and drums. I can't think of anything better for a slow Sunday evening. Enjoy.

A1 Sonora
A2 Stella By Starlight
A3 Speak Low
A4 Nobody Knows The Trouble I've Seen
B1 Old Country
B2 Soultrane
B3 Chasin' The Bird
B4 Be My Love


Comments

  1. https://mega.nz/file/GEhmyLBZ#8vWai8VvLApcdvSMgSeLEshlHEcjWbS1u_zoQF2XsPU

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Thank You...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent ! I've been enjoying Scenery immensely, and I'm certainly looking forward to hearing this. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment