Let's Stay Home Tonight

 


The Blue Nile - Hats [LKH 2 UK 1989 24-Bit FLAC]

The recent rip of A Walk Across The Rooftops has proved one of the most popular since I began Needle Time. There is no better time to follow-up with the classic Hats. This is an album which should stand out to most my age as it marked one of the first AOR (I choose the term loosely) albums to appeal widely beyond the sophisticated genre. I have convinced myself that this is my best rip (ever) so far, aided and abetted by a high quality Linn Records first pressing by Sonopress, and some mastering trickery with iZotope on my original wav transfers.

A1 Over The Hillside
A2 The Downtown Lights
A3 Let's Go Out Tonight
B1 Headlights On The Parade
B2 From A Late Night Train
B3 Seven A.M.
B4 Saturday Night


Comments

  1. https://mega.nz/file/yVIwiJAY#n4tuDpWXpU3kAt8AM-c3Mzu8gKbVdThvfZIbeLjaa_c

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much. This alongside their first album is a wonderful piece of music...I absolutely love Saturday Night.
    Thank you again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's a beautiful intimacy to Hats. I think that's part of its broader appeal. Masterful and sophisticated are certainly words that help describe the album.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite album by The Blue Nile, a timeless classic, thanks for the rip.......

    ReplyDelete
  5. Many thanks for another BN masterpiece, really appreciated!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks once more for the rip. In this musical vein It's immaterial's "House for sale" and "Song" are also top notch and unfairly overlooked...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Needless to say, it's a 10 from me ;) "Headlights" was my very first exposure to TBN (on a CMJ promo sampler which also featured Lloyd Cole and That Petrol Emotion, amongst others.)

    Heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another great album from them. Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment