Chant Number One

 


African Head Charge - My Life In A Hole In The Ground [ON-U LP13 UK 1981 24-Bit FLAC]

Between 1986 and 1991, I went on a buying binge of everything I could find on Adrian Sherwood's On-U Sound Records label. During my ESWA blogspot days, I began the process of ripping my On-U Sound library for blog followers to great response. Some of my collection was in a poor state, however I persevered and to my surprise, the label began to bake some of their long forgotten master tapes for a lengthy reissue series. 

One of my favourite albums was the debut release by Sherwood's Africa-dub-reggae psychedelic collective, African Head Charge. Here is a brand new rip from my original 1981 pressing, using better hardware, of My Life In A Hole In The Ground for your aural pleasure. The band still perform (where possible) and record, led by exuberant percussionist Bonjo Iyabinghi Noah - I was lucky to catch them live a few years back at London's famous 100 Club, complete with Adrian Sherwood at the mixing desk - and was blown away. Enjoy.

A1 Elastic Dance
A2 Family Doctoring
A3 Stebeni's Theme
A4 The Race (Part 1)
A5 Crocodile Shoes
B1 Stone Charge
B2 Far Away Chant
B3 Primal One Drop
B4 Hole In The Roof

Comments

  1. https://mega.nz/file/jcJVmCTJ#meNAPg1mTzHKV-th_Krd0LV9MBqZmXZ-sD64JyUF7CE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Any chance of this reposting? If not no worries. Much thanks

      Delete
  2. Thank you for revisiting this classic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my favourite records from those times. I have a vinyl copy but it's been played to death in sometimes less than optimum conditions... I went to check if I already had a hi-res rip when I saw this, and I do, but I'm not sure where it came from. The files say they were created in 2011. Anyway many thanks for the new rip, I will enjoy checking it out later.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks very much for the Headcharge. They were a great live act too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A brilliant gem to share mate

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment