Flaming Swords



Care - Flaming Sword [KBIRD 122 UK 1983 24-Bit FLAC]

A few weeks back, I posted a new rip of the debut Care single, My Boyish Days (Drink To Me), here is the follow-up single. Flaming Sword which is pure pop magic, laden with hooks and a catchy whistling chorus. Arista couldn't chart the single, so it remains a lost pop classic but fond in the hearts of all those who loved it first time around. Ian Broudie was to revisit this pop formula some years later as his Lightning Seeds.

A1 Flaming Sword
B1 Miséricorde
B2 On The White Cloud

Comments

  1. https://mega.nz/file/OcAE1QKA#jE9zz0lE2UVLyfKJwbaFot3J0h3hO03vmGJ-6AcdJqQ

    ReplyDelete
  2. ta v much. How this wasn't a massive hit is beyond me...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had this 12" single for decades and it's only struck me earlier this year that "Misericorde" is an instrumental version of "Flaming Sword".

    I hope you have "Whatever possessed you" lined up for the future - those four "Besides" are excellent! Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, another lost gem from......

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tracked down everything they did... which took some time! Neglected pop masterpieces.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment