Done Sleeping



The Comsat Angels - Sleep No More [POLS 1038 UK 1981 24-Bit FLAC]

Staying in Sheffield, here is my old ESWA rip of Sleep No More for those who may have missed it first time around. Likely one of post-punk's most overlooked acts, okay ...along with the similar The Sound. The Comsat Angels built up a strong following but never really kicked into worthy commercial success. Unusually second album syndrome delivered us their best work. Sleep No More is deep, dark and powerful - a creative high which they struggled to achieve with subsequent long players as they embraced a more commercial sound to their work. Ripped for your listening pleasure from penguinflight's near mint first edition.

A1 The Eye Dance
A2 Sleep No More
A3 Be Brave
A4 Gone
A5 Dark Parade
B1 Diagram
B2 Restless
B3 Goat Of The West
B4 Light Years
B5 Our Secret

Comments

  1. https://mega.nz/file/LJw0DAqI#XuZTp0R1WN_m4fKX5l9m7mqUnsBnZRsVBQAZFUM9e7Q

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree about how underrated this band was at the time. This is to me their finest along with the Independence day- Eye of the lens EP.
    Thanks for putting them back in our radars.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely one of my favorite bands across all genres. It is always hard to chose between Sleep No More and the debut Waiting For A Miracle. The debut struck with its bold and minimalist approach, but the sophomore album showed a growth and confidence that I think was only matched by Echo And The Bunnymen on their own second release.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheers mate

    You def. came back with a BANG!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this album, I have it on vinyl from when it was released.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I Have been listening to this title for 29 years since release AND I HAVENEVER HEARD IT AS GOOD AS THIS SERIOUSLY!
    iNCREDIBLE SONICS
    Hope you can continiue with the polydor trilogy.
    I Would donate my entire comsat vinyl collection to hear more of this quality!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great band and seriously underrated/overlooked. I got into them through a friend who owned a copy of Waiting For A Miracle. Saw them live in 2009 and very glad I did as it looks like they called it a day in 2010.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment