Sanctuary For Sale
The Cult - She Sells Sanctuary [BEG 135T UK 1985 24-Bit FLAC]
Talking about The Cult.... here is a new rip of their biggest track. Nobody can deny the importance of their middle period as they transformed from indie(ian) obscurity as the original Southern Death Cult through the confused and dark directionless of Death Cult, finally into the line-up which would find fame & fortune in hair rock & roll. I have ripped and posted all their better singles in the past, but I thought I would just focus on this one for now....
She Sells Sanctuary (here in it's original full length mix) bounces and throbs from your speakers, so much so that I thought the needle would jump from the vinyl at any moment during the rip process - in fact you could almost believe it was mastered in the last decade as all the levels are slid to their max - it's not clipped (it's from a 35 year old record) - if you don't believe me, have a look at the waveform! All across the world this evening, men (and women)in their middling fifties are just about to wave their arms around their body in a nonsense Ian Astbury style dance. It's okay, bandannas & silly hats are no longer mandatory.
A1 She Sells Sanctuary (Long Version)
B1 The Snake
B2 No. 13

This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteStill a powerhouse track that rings tight even, as you said, 35 years later! It still give me goosebumps when I max the amp out with this.
ReplyDeleteThanks, love The Snake.
ReplyDeleteI preferred Southern Death Cult and Death Cult myself. The Cult were good to begin with but very quickly became an extremely tedious rock band, yelling baby, baby, baby..... Totally uninspiring. The Brothers Grimm EP was a million times better than their rock drivel
ReplyDeleteYes Southern were far superior,but some of this era,notable this ep,i dug
ReplyDeleteCheers