Across My Heart
Blue In Heaven - Across My Heart [IS 199 UK 1984 24-Bit FLAC]
Firstly, this is a new 2020 rip - and it still sounds like it was ripped on a cheap hi-fi. It was not, it was produced by Hugh Jones and it suffers from a very flat production. Martin Hannett produced the original version (delays, snares et al) which can be found on the b-side of the rare 12" pressing. Strangely, the second Blue In Heaven single never made it onto an album. I doubt the reasons for this will ever come out but I would guess it has something to do with Hannett. I have no doubts that this could have been a more successful single if the Hannett version had been used. Anybody got an original copy of the 12" or lossless rip to share? (no mp3s please).
A1 Across My Heart
B1 A Whiter Day

https://mega.nz/file/iBIHxSjB#ChMwf82vrDhhob5pySC4U-SG57Djdg30MOcQ55wty_s
ReplyDeleteThanks for these great Blue In Heaven records. They certainly deserved a larger audience.
ReplyDelete