Talk About The Passions


The Passions - Thirty Thousand Feet Over China [POLS 1041 1981 24-Bit FLAC]

One hit wonders The Passions actually released three albums and nine singles but could never replicate the success of I'm In Love With A German Film Star, however the song did spawn plenty of royalties and quite a few cover versions ....including Foo Fighters! The single achieved the number twenty-five chart position in the UK (I always thought it was higher) and a couple of appearances on the nation's weekly chart pop TV show

More new wave than post-punk or indie-pop, songwriters Barbara Gogan and Steve Connelly followed it up with the mostly instrumental (but rather good) single Skin Deep. The Swimmer was also a single from the album but this failed to dent the hit parade. This tidy rip of their best selling second album was ripped in 24-bits from penguinflight's immaculate copy for your listening pleasure.

A1 I'm In Love With A German Film Star
A2 Someone Special
A3 The Swimmer
A4 Strange Affair
A5 Small Stones
B1 Runaway
B2 The Square
B3 Alice's Song
B4 Bachelor Girls
B5 Skin Deep


Comments

  1. https://mega.nz/#!3N5HmSgI!mAkQtIzXJUH6azMgPrQXIPI-Sruv0rw0wHs2yfAn6G0

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a fondness for The Passions that makes no sense. I hope you know that Barbara Gogan released a solo album with slick music and production by Hector Zazou in the late nineties. "Made On Earth" is well worth finding.

    Her sister Susan was in pragVEC. Similar voices in different music. I randomly bought the single "Expert" one day long ago. Excellent music.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oof, sad to have missed this one... please consider as a candidate for a re-rip, Blogmeister, if it's still around.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment