Pop Group Confessional
The Style Council - Introducing... [815 277-1 NLD 1983 24-Bit FLAC]
Time for a little Weller, there was once a time in my life when the Bard of Woking could do no wrong and I bought everything in which he was involved. I look back on those times fondly, however let's be serious here, not everything post-Jam was faultless.
Introducing... was a mini-LP for all the non-UK markets compiling the band's first few singles. I'd guess it probably sold more in the home market on import, rather than among our continental cousins and the former colonies. It was quite expensive as an import (back then), but worth every penny for the splendid club mix of the angry yet funky Money Go Round - driven by the wonderful rhythm section of of I-Level's Joe Dworniak on slap bass and Orange Juice drummer Zeke Manyika. Speak Like A Child was embarrassing in so many ways as it was no more than a meek attempt at northern soul, Long Hot Summer will always be a classic Weller single and is included in two mixes. The Paris Match was a huge hint at what was to follow....
A1 Long Hot Summer
A2 Headstart For Happiness
A3 Speak Like A Child
B1 Long Hot Summer (Club Mix)
B2 The Paris Match
B3 Mick's Up
B4 Money-Go-Round (Club Mix)

https://mega.nz/file/yF5ABAaR#yexj1Jpd6o2VpjQR9Pbdgn7dG_ij2fmmkPD6ElihUyY
ReplyDeleteExcellent - thanks.
ReplyDeleteOne of my favorite CDs of all time, I just wish it included the missing B side of the Long Hot Summer 7 Inch, Le Depart. That one is my fave track of theirs.
ReplyDeleteCheers mate
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHi, download is no longer available. Would you please upload it again? Many thanks, mate.
ReplyDelete