Tasty!
Swamp Children - Taste Whats Rhythm [FBN 16 BEL 1982 24-Bit FLAC]
A few months back I posted a new 24 bit rip of Swamp Children's excellent debut single, I meant at the time to produce a new rip of the follow up. I've finally gotten around to the task! This single was relegated to the Factory Benelux off-shoot and has become quite a rarity among Factory collectors due to its limited pressing.
Many will know You Got Me Beat from one of the Factory/Ikon video compilations with it's cool groove, most will also recognise the considerable A Certain Ratio link as four fifths of ACR feature on this record. In actual fact, Softly Saying Goodbye echoes much of what ACR were doing in the same period with Donald Johnson lending his thumbs on slap bass. The mastering to vinyl does sound a little toppy and fuzzy, I guess that's the way they wanted to sound, rather than any pressing flaws.
A1 Taste Whats Rhythm
B1 You've Got Me Beat
B2 Softly Saying Goodbye

https://mega.nz/#!DZJFiaxb!V7ji6YADHUVnyIHuSW5EPIP4pfeLHcFbCX8AWyBaPPc
ReplyDeleteHey Blogmeister - I've only just recently started downloading a few of your shared rips and found both of these Swamp Children 12"s particularly amazing. I think I've heard quite a lot of music but most of what you present here is largely unknown to me, so I look forward to dig deeper. Thanks!
ReplyDelete