Godstars
Psychic TV - I.C. Water [TOPY 058T UK 1990 24-Bit FLAC]
Psychic TV managed two really good albums (the first two) and a smattering of great singles (especially Roman P. and some of the Jack The Tab bits), perhaps hanging on the trench coat tails of dead pop stars was evidence that Genesis needed to find a new way of getting himself back into the public eye.
I met Genesis in 1990 and he couldn't remember what day of the week it was, let alone a detailed conversation in May 1980 with a Macclesfield post-punk icon who was about to top himself.
Before anybody gets too upset please remember that GPO made a living from courting controversy. Anyway that story aside and not wanting to speak too ill of the dead, I.C. Water is actually quite a good dreamy dance record, complete with samples of an interview with Ian Curtis on the extended version. The flipside is also some fine techno which Genesis did quite well in the late eighties with help from Richard Norris. For penguinflight.
A1 I.C. Water (Radio Version)
A2 I.C. Water (CD Version)
B1 Alien Be-In

https://mega.nz/#!rQQ3VYqK!8TDeunLp7rNCjhHSsi59cbNm8zTHzIMoVPbaHiHREPQ
ReplyDeletemet him in '90 in Albuquerque, he seemed very nice.
ReplyDeleteRIP
Holy crap! I grew up in ABQ and didn't meet he/r for another decade and a half, finally in NYC. Where in ABQ?
DeleteI meet him at the Electric Ballroom, he looked very polite and shy, nice chat! Oh and he gave me
ReplyDeletea tooth pendant (made out of horse teeth i'm affraid)
Long live (T)hee!
Cheers mate
ReplyDeleteWas present at a number of events in 1990 (as well as a few other times) and Gen seemed quite aware of the date (if not where the bus was parked). Prolly just met he/r on an off night.
ReplyDeleteReally appreciate you posting this, and would love to hear Jack the Tab or tekno Acid Beats if you're so inclined.