Along Comes Cherry


The Jesus And Mary Chain - Darklands [BYN 11 UK 1987 24-Bit FLAC]

White Light White Heat met Pets Sounds on Darklands and its associated singles, as those Mary Chain brothers get all melodic. This more of a sonic flower groove than their former drummer could ever produce (I think that's my first pop at Bobby on this blog?). Looking back I still prefer this album to Psychocandy, however I do appreciate how important the debut was in comparison. Play loud and sing along folks to some of the most tuneful, catchy noise from one of the best Scottish bands during the mid-eighties. You'll be relieved to know that I own no records by The Proclaimers.

A1  Darklands
A2  Deep One Perfect Morning
A3  Happy When It Rains
A4  Down On Me
A5  Nine Million Rainy Days
B1  April Skies
B2  Fall
B3  Cherry Came Too
B4  On The Wall
B5  About You

Comments

  1. https://mega.nz/#!GYxxmQrY!d_50cG53xzxlL-bOJ7qFHby69y_-eawfSUiAmAuB0mY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someone who wrote lyrics like Happy when it rains will own a place in my heart forever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds so good. None of the CD editions ever matched the sound of the original vinyl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for this rip. It is very much appreciated. I can finally listen to a vinyl rip of this pure aural candy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic rip. No static noise.

    ReplyDelete
  6. just came across this blog and it is really great.

    would it be possible to re-up darklands?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment