Beautiful Losers
Clock DVA - Advantage [POLS 1082 UK 1983 24-Bit FLAC]
This is a re-working of the original album rip from my Advantage Plus post on ESWA many moons ago. I've cleaned things up to my new standards, re-balanced the channels and removed the occasional click or two before resampling to 24/48.
Advantage is very much a concept album, like a film noir tribute to avantgarde jazz, with funk overtones and experimental soundscapes to which Newton's gravelly tones are incredibly well suited. It's not as good as Thirst, but is more accessible and represents a delve into Newton's dark, and occasionally twisted conscious. Advantage was recorded with a different band to Thirst after the original DVA abandoned Newton en masse to become The Box. Apart from a brief reissue on Contempo in Italy in the early nineties, this classic album still awaits a re-release. The associated singles will follow.....
A1 Tortured Heroine
A2 Beautiful Losers
A3 Resistance
A4 Eternity In Paris
B1 The Secret Life Of The Big Black Suit
B2 Breakdown
B3 Dark Encounter
B4 Poem

https://mega.nz/#!jQRxAawK!Ptxeokanq3ZUpw7h9DUfQGYMQozVkXqWXny-Rt5DECw
ReplyDeleteMany thanks!
ReplyDeleteThank you !
ReplyDeleteI think I had your rip of this from ages ago. I just paid an ungodly sum to get a copy of this CD. At this point I'm assuming the long-rumored Clock DVA reissues on Mute aren't happening.
ReplyDeleteCheers mate
ReplyDeleteWhat an epic share this is,and wow singles as well
Jesus, I should have listened to this band 10 years ago. Incredible album, great rip. Thank you.
ReplyDeleteI'm just beginning to get into these guys. This is great!
ReplyDelete