...Shall We Take A Trip?


Porcupine Tree - Voyage 34 [KSCOPE 961 UK 2017 24-Bit FLAC]

Originally released as a 12" single in 1992.

After a few obscure experimental tape releases, Voyage 34 was the debut single by Hertfordshire's Porcupine Tree (then just a solo act/home studio project). This epic 65 minute journey is by all accounts a dance track verging on the fuzzy edge of chillout, with deep ghostly voice samples, lush atmospherics and dreamy space-rock sequences which drift in and out of a guitar driven hook - which is just enough to keep the listener interested over its entirety. The basis of the track is the experience of one man's journey during a bad acid trip, imagine The Orb covering Pink Floyd's Echoes and you would be in about the right place musically, though the message and the choice of samples used were enough to ensure no airplay. I hope you don't mind but I've taken the liberty or removing the six minutes of silence at the end of Part IV.

A1 Voyage 34 (Phase I)
B1 Voyage 34 (Phase I)
C1 Voyage 34 (Phase III - Astralasia Dreamstate)
D1 Voyage 34 (Phase IV - A New Civilization)

Comments

  1. https://mega.nz/#!mQZCEC4K!3jumV--7ljqRX9k8Brdu_XohqTL5-Sctj0DOlC1efTw

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lightbulb Sun is a near perfect record but I've never really been grabbed by anything else he's/they've done: time to try again? Thanks very much!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment