Over Here, Over Theirs...
Wire - The Ideal Copy [STUMM 42 UK 1987 24-Bit FLAC]
I can be very guilty for the overuse of superlatives regularly through these pages, please forgive me I shall try to restrain myself during the next few sentences in my description of one of the best comeback albums ever!
This mint original pressing comes courtesy of penguinflight's boxes of vinyl. I ripped this using my old set-up and didn't think I could improve it with my new deck. If you are on ESWA 2.0, this is a re-working from the original January 2018 wav files were I have the re-balanced the RMS levels between the channels rather than use any form of normalisation (a mastering technique I've been experimenting with for a while now) and taken the oportunity to remove the occasional click.
Any album which features Ahead, Feed Me, Ambitious and Over Theirs just has to be up among the very finest. Enjoy!
A1 The Point Of Collapse
A2 Ahead
A3 Madman's Honey
A4 Feed Me
B1 Ambitious
B2 Cheeking Tongues
B3 Still Shows
B4 Over Theirs

https://mega.nz/#!iUxW2aoT!PRVjVTdpsAJZrqm2vsFDubYGwC_1nq8-yvY-w3A3xaM
ReplyDeleteI'll never forget the summer of the release for this album. It was hot as hell and I had no air conditioning. But it was one of the summers I have such great memories of. All based around this record. Thanks for the vinyl rip.
ReplyDeleteMore great Wired memories
ReplyDeleteCheers mate
Thank you very much for the Wire people forget generally ..excellent share..
ReplyDelete