Putting On The Timber
Sugar - Copper Blue [CRELP 129 UK 1992 24-Bit FLAC]
I am not going to waffle on too much about an album which we should all own, however any record featuring the three track sequence of A Good Idea > Changes > Helpless needs to be honoured and re-appreciated on a regular basis.
Ripped from my original 1992 Creation Records pressing at full-on levels for extra effect (with absolutely no limiting or compression). This was the era when Mould begun to lose his hair and put on some timber, but everything seemed alright in the world. Something which bugged me for twenty-five plus years is how close If I Can't Change Your Mind sounds to a certain US TV sit-com theme, and then of course there is that proggy organ bit on Hoover Dam .....maybe it's just me?
Play loud and have a great weekend everybody.
A1 The Act We Act
A2 A Good Idea
A3 Changes
A4 Helpless
A5 Hoover Dam
B1 The Slim
B2 If I Can't Change Your Mind
B3 Fortune Teller
B4 Slick
B5 Man On The Moon

https://mega.nz/#!6YZDCIhR!IvE021wupARj8aVsu7l9npH4jQHjD8ckPSmuRN-iXnE
ReplyDeleteThat lightning guitar will never be bested. Unsurprisingly, this master mops the floor with those Merge reissues from 7-8 years ago. Thanks for a beautiful rip.
ReplyDeleteHello
ReplyDeleteMay I ask for a reseed of all the Blue In Heaven stuff in flac? It is very hard to find, I really appreciate it!
I will put the Blue In Heaven albums on the re-rip list. I'm currently breaking in a new Ortofon MC cartridge so watch this space....
DeleteI cannot say how much that will be appreciated. Thanks a lot for your time with these rips!
DeleteWhat're we talking here -- the "Friends" theme? "If I Can't Change Your Mind" isn't as bad as that.
ReplyDeleteMy pick is "Hoover Dam".
This album is pretty good, first-half anyway. But "Workbook" is hard to beat, and I'll take it any day.
Mould is God. We are not worthy.
ReplyDeleteGreat. Thanks for this one
ReplyDelete