Tanked!
Tank Of Danzig - Not Trendy [IDIOT 004 GER 1982 24-Bit FLAC]
I posted the badly mastered 2013 Italian CD version of this album a few years ago on ESWA. A little later I picked up this original 1982 vinyl pressing which I recently ripped to 24-bit quality.
Best known over here for sharing a Belgian 12" single with Biting Tongues in 1982, German punk-funk of the highest calibre from the short-lived Tank Of Danzig recorded at Conny Plank's studio in Cologne. Clearly influenced by the jerky funk of The Pop Group, Gang Of Four and early A Certain Ratio (and no doubt many others), their sharp-edged stripped down sound fills the speakers however you will need to put the lyrical naivety down to the language barrier. Front-man Shengel is more Joe Strummer than Mark Stewart or Simon Topping, but this does nothing more than putting the punk back into the funk. The sharp-stabbing squelchy sax is very reminiscent of Ted Milton ...and only serves to add to the chaos, especially on the occasional ska-tinged tracks.
A1 What's The Sense Of Life
A2 (We Are) The American Hostages
A3 Plastic Bag
A4 The People Are Hungry
A5 High Of Temtation (sic)
A6 Brain War
B1 Train Into Pain
B2 No New York
B3 (I've Seen) The Truth
B4 Africa
B5 No More Chance
B6 Poland Song

https://mega.nz/#!WQ5RgIgK!chPEMP5r5n98c6xpQy-OJPhZMsqUN4OJlUPfF3EwMC4
ReplyDeleteInfluenced by Pop Group, Gang Of Four and early A Certain Ratio
ReplyDeleteIm convinced
Those are some great influences
Cheers mate
Neato. Thanks.
ReplyDelete