Desperately Seeking Robert
The Essence - Only For You [DONG 41 UK 1988 24-Bit FLAC]
Hans Deiner managed to keep Dutch indie rocksters The Essence going for nearly ten years, finding reasonable success on the continent, however no matter how hard he tried, he couldn't break the British market. Listen to Only For You and you will only think of one band, the problem for Hans is he clearly only thinks of that one band on every song he writes and sings on.
I am not going to mention who this other band is, so if you don't know of Hans' fixation, just give this single a listen and you'll soon get who I mean. In actual fact, the song itself is quite good, the only problem is.... well I'll let you decide that for yourselves.
A1 Only For You
B1 Jump And Fall
B2 Angelic

https://mega.nz/#!bEZjHA4T!IQkSVyWnXhnrj3jD_13zMJxb5X_3lE94HZa0WULlGhY
ReplyDeleteHa! So true regarding that other 'band'. I recently picked up the '35: Collection' box set by them, but have yet to really crack it open as I know what I'm getting already. ;)
ReplyDeleteBelieve it or not, I taped "Endless Lakes" (by The Essence) on a french "radio libre" in 1985. The speaker did not tell who it was and I began to search for what I thought was a new C..e single in the record shops, asking the shopkeepers who didn't have a clue. It took me two years and the first listen of "A monument of trust" to find out it was not The C..e !
ReplyDeleteI remember an interview of Hans who told -seriously- that R....t S...h was not a major influence, ha ha !
Thanks for the blog !