Homo Superior


Pete Shelley - Homosapien [12 WIP 6720 UK 1981 24-Bit FLAC]

A1 Homosapien (Dance Version)
B1 Homosapien (Elongated Dancepartydubmix)



Pete Shelley - I Don't Know What It Is [12 WIP 6740 UK 1981 24-Bit FLAC]

A1 I Don't Know What It Is (Remixed Version)
B1 Witness The Change / I Don't Know What It Is (Instrumental Version)



Pete Shelley - Waiting For Love [MERX 215 UK 1986 24-Bit FLAC]

A1 Waiting For Love (Ext. Vers.)
B1 Waiting For Love (7" Vers.)
B2 Designer Lamps




Pete Shelley - On Your Own [MERX 221 UK 1986 24-Bit FLAC]

A1 On Your Own (New York Mix)
B1 On Your Own (Dub Mix)
B2 Please Forgive Me ... But I Cannot Endure It Any Longer

As we age, we begin to lose our heroes. I am not talking about the icons like Bowie and Prince, I am just talking about all those who impacted our lives with their music. I was a little too young to appreciate The Buzzcocks at their peak, however those three singles (my copy of Telephone Operator is long lost) from the early eighties will stay with me forever.

This is a rework from an old ESWA 1.0 thread of posts, rebalanced and resampled for all those who may have missed them first time around, or those who may just want to remember....

Comments

  1. https://mega.nz/#!zcRxWCAA!5DNreCM7evw_0ukYiG_6hv8VJ5R1O87IJD4XYgeErnA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. Still in shock over Pete's sudden death, and I agree with you he may not have been an icon to the world, like Bowie or Prince, but to a great many of us he was an icon in our hearts and minds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many thanks for the (re-)post, Blogmeister. I can't remember if I got a chance to grab these the first time...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Missed these the first time around. Found some less than noteworthy versions out there, own them all! Thanks for reposting and the far better quality. No to HAD scan all the art and labels from my vinyl for the files! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks mate

    Indeed , at my age i am starting to see not only my elders shake their mortal coil , but also my own generation

    It causes some pause indeed

    Thanks so much for all your efforts to keep these gems & memories alive

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there Blogmeister... only just discovered this heavenly piece of the internet... and this link seems defunct... any chance of a re-up? Many thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can you reup these again when you get a chance? I just started listening to Pete.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment