H'Angry?


Public Image Limited - Happy? [208 605 GER 1987 24-Bit FLAC]

John Lydon and his ever rotating band of session  musicians stick the Public Image Limited name on what is essentially a polished eighties rock album. If it wasn't for the spiky ginger one's gritty and discordant monotone, Happy? could well be an album by any of a string of one-hit eighties bands. Vitamin Z ...anybody?

I am not saying that this is a poor album, I'm just not disguising the fact that this really isn't PIL ...nor is it really a PIL album  ...however it does sound great when cranked up really loud, especially the riffs on The Body.

John was to take a short sabbatical and return a few years later with a pop album, produced by Hooky's "mate" Stephen Hague.

I am indebted to long time blog follower penguinflight for donating his German pressing of this album, ripped for you all in 24-bits of FLAC.

A1 Seattle
A2 Rules And Regulations
A3 The Body
A4 Save Me
B1 Hard Times
B2 Open And Revolving
B3 Angry
B4 Fat Chance Hotel

Comments

  1. https://mega.nz/#!KYJ1XApb!OYmqQVw8Mm5rTB3iMIDDvD58tm-3Qz2u9xal2CzaUvA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Johnny Gardenfresh5 July 2021 at 04:15

      Any chance you can re-upload this? This album brings back so many memories! I played the cassette in my walkman until it melted.

      Delete
  2. Thanks mate

    i have to agree with your sentiments on this LP

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am cranking this now

    It is an exceptionally great rip

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anu change of a re-up of this one?

    ReplyDelete
  5. New rip: https://timeneedle.blogspot.com/2022/01/riff-happy.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment